We’re on the hunt for a new Tech Lead for a market leader in the Streaming Industry.
If you’re looking for a role where you have autonomy, authority, a constant stream of exciting new features to develop and a range of technologies to play with then you’ve come to the right place.
At our market leader you’ll be working with a fun, talented and creative team constantly striving to delight our users and give them the best experience and highest quality service in the market. With never a dull moment you’ll enjoy facing new challenges every day and be able to boast about working on one of the most visible platforms in the country.
Role and Responsibilities -
- The subject matter expert on all things regarding the web team
- Designing, developing and testing innovative solutions for our web and Chromecast services
- Leading an agile scrum team to deliver on the sprint goals
- Driving the application architecture
- Regularly conducting peer reviews and providing constructive feedback to your peers
- Creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for various environments and purposes
- Continuously challenging and improving standards, procedures and technologies by providing recommendations and collaborating with other team members
- Communicating and collaborating with various stakeholders, managers and technology partners to provide updates, insights, recommendations and design solutions
- Taking initiative and always looking for ways in which you can improve the success of the platform
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the team
- Applying the appropriate practices to a problem given the constraints of time, scope, requirements and budget
- Providing estimates for project timelines and resourcing requirements
- Performing all work in accordance with company policies, quality program, programs, standards and procedures.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has either led a team before or is ready to step up from a senior position into more responsibility
- Has great communication skills and is confident communicating with a variety of stakeholders
- Is self motivated and takes initiative
- Has experience with single page applications and consuming APIs
- Has experience with ad-tech and/or video players (desirable)
- Is not afraid to step outside of the Web world onto other platforms like Chromecast and smart TV platforms.
- Has experience with various types of software testing, from unit testing to UI tests, using tooling such as Jest, Selenium
- Understands build tools and values DevOps culture
- Is keen to learn as well as share their knowledge with team members
- Has interest in the continuous improvement of themselves and their team
- Is motivated by the prospect of solving business problems with technology
- Is highly collaborative and thrives in a team environment
- Stays up to date with latest technologies and trends
You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 7 years experience as a developer
- Advanced HTML and CSS
- Node, npm
- Exposure to typescript
- Package management
Desirable but not essential
- Media player experience
- Ad tech
- AWS cloud services knowledge and experience
- Azure DevOps Pipelines
- CTV or media industry / video experience
Your success is our success, we will provide you with opportunities for you to keep learning and growing, enabling you to challenge and develop yourself. In return, we offer a benefits program that has something in it for everyone.