About the environment
Bleeding edge technology, young social scene with a side of banter. This is a chance to be the lead DevOps engineer for a major video streaming product that is one of the largest streaming within Australia.
Reporting to the Technical Director;
• Automate all aspects of the digital platforms, including cloud infrastructure, testing and code deployment.
• Improve system reliability and quality by integrating monitoring, reporting and fault handling into application platforms.
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency by automating existing processes.
• Work with Agile teams; participate in planning and review meetings, and complete project deliverables.
· Develop and gain buy-in for AWS DevOps environment
· Develop infrastructure solutions to support the video platform and other products
· Improve efficiency by automating all aspects of cloud infrastructure, testing and code deployment
· Work with multiple teams across the business, including Software Development,VOD video streaming teams
· Roadmap and execute plans for AWS and associated infrastructure environment
· Work with distributed agile teams across Sydney, Melbourne and broader Australia; participate in planning and review meetings, and complete project deliverables
Experience with the following is preferred
· Operational experience running 24/7 mission-critical production services
· DevOps or SRE experience, AWS Associate Certification or higher
· Automated testing, build and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy and Azure DevOps pipelines
· Infrastructure as Code tools such as CloudFormation, CDK & Terraform
· Experience developing and supporting microservices and event driven architectures
· Understanding of container technologies including Docker, & ECS and Fargate
· Fluent in shell / scripting languages
· AWS building blocks such as EC2, ECS, Fargate, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Kinesis Data Streams, Cloudwatch, DynamoDB, RDS (MariaDB, Aurora, MSSQL), Lambda, ALB, ElastiCache/Redis
2 stage interview, this role is a hybrid WFH and in the office (Sydney CBD)