We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Developer to join our high performance team in Technology Delivery and be part of the transformational journey towards Continuous Delivery and an improved customer experience.
This Developer is responsible for the development of Claims applications and other tools/applications. The person filling this position is expected to work smoothly with peers across solutions delivery. They are required to translate business requirements into high quality, technical solutions whilst contributing to the culture of continuous innovation within the team.
The person filling this position will need to acquire in-depth technical knowledge of the Claims applications in a short time, as well as agile delivery methods. They need to be proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Understand the technology strategy and systems roadmap for Claims and produce technical designs that are in alignment
- Develop reliable, usable, high-quality software which meets business requirements within the required timeframes and minimises technical debt
- Develop efficient, effective and highly available solutions
- Provide Level 3 support for the software that the team builds
- Script and execute automated tests as required
- Assist other team members when needed
- Resolve issues and risks within your immediate control and escalate when necessary
- Support the Development Manager to optimise the team’s operations
- Contribute to the strong culture of high quality, continuous improvement and innovation by following existing standards, helping to identify and enforce improvements to standards as required and sharing ideas and experience
- Contribute to the long-term maturity and future-proofing of the Claims and Reinsurance applications
- Perform scheduled processing that delivers data in the required formats to Finance and Actuarial users.
- Collaborate with counterparts elsewhere within to improve data consistency
- Develop solutions such as extracts and reports to meet requirements
- Work with the Data Quality Tech Lead towards increasing the reliability and availability of data across
- Contribute to the development of management information components that are required by projects and business users.
- Ensure data management processes meet applicable Enterprise Data, compliance, privacy, quality and audit standards.
Technical Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible and holds oneself accountable to commitments made
- Goal oriented
- Analytically rigorous with a high attention to detail
- Collaborative and can also work independently
- Team player
- Ability to influence peers so that new processes and methods are accepted, agreed and followed
- Is accustomed to context switching between projects
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast changing environment
Qualifications and Experience
- IT or a related field qualification
- 8+years as a software developer
- 5+ years with .Net technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Angular frameworks, SQL servers, services, front-end builds and components
- Visual Studio 2012 / 2015 with SSDT ,SQL Server 2008,2012+ Stack skills (particularly SSIS and T-SQL but also SSRS,SSAS)
- Agile methodologies, code review experience
- Micro services development experience
- Experience with middleware technologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices
- Agile environment experience
- Iteration Management experience
- Tertiary qualifications
- Financial Services/Insurance industry background
- Life insurance experience
- Experience in digital platform development – including developing with modern UX/UI frameworks
- Several years’ experience with SQL Server / TSQL in a large commercial environment
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience of using a Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment tools such as GIT, TeamCity, and Octopus deployments etc.
- Experience with Behaviour Driven development