About the role -
This Developer is responsible for the development of Life Insurance applications and other tools/applications. The person filling this position is expected to work smoothly with peers across Technology. They are required to translate business requirements into high quality, technical solutions whilst contributing to the culture of continuous innovation within the team. The person filling this position will need to acquire in-depth technical knowledge of the Group Life applications in a short time, agile delivery methods and the Group insurance business domain. They need to be proactive and able to work autonomously. The expectation is that they either have prior experience in developing with cloud platform as a service resources or are willing to develop themselves in this respect. Candidates with experience in modern, cloud-based API development will receive particular consideration.
- Develop a good understanding of the functionality of the application that you're working on
- Break down user stories into tasks and provide sizing estimates
- Develop reliable, usable software which meets business requirements within the required timeframes while minimising technical debt
- Ensure that security, performance, high availability and other non-functional requirements are met for solution development
- Provide Level 3 support for the software that the team builds
- Script and execute automated tests as required
- Resolve issues and risks within your immediate control and escalate when necessary
- Contribute to the strong culture of high quality, continuous improvement and innovation by following existing standards, helping to identify and enforce improvements to standards as required and sharing ideas and experience
About you -
- 5 years of Software Engineering
- Strong .Net Framework experience, ideally .net core experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices
- Agile environment experience.
Desirable Qualification and Experience: Tertiary qualifications; Financial Services/Insurance/Life Insurance industry background; experience working with Jira & Confluence; digital solutions development with frameworks such as Angular, React and JQuery; service development experience (including WCF/RESTful/microservices); application development with cloud resources.